aTube Catcher is a freeware application that can be used to download MPG, AVI, MP4, FLV, 3GP format videos from websites like Google Video, Yahoo Video, Dailymotion, MySpace and YouTube. However, aTube Catcher only supports Windows platform, if you are a Mac user, you have to find an aTube Catcher for Mac alternative.
- Part 1. The Best aTube Catcher Alternative for Mac (EL Capitan)
- Part 2. Fix the Problem of aTube Catcher Not Working
Part 1. Get The Best Mac Alternative to aTube Catcher
For the people who are looking for an application like aTube Cather for Mac, iSkysoft iTube Studio for Mac can be the best choice and can work well on the new macOS 10.12 (Sierra), Mac OS X 10.11 (EL Capitan) and 10.10 (Yosemite). With this software, you can 3X faster download online video from over 1000 sites. You can even download the entire YouTube playlist/channel or save YouTube videos to MP3 with one single click. Like aTube Catcher, you can use it to convert the downloaded video into many popular video/audio formats or directly save the video to fit your iPad, iPhone, iPod, or any other Apple devices. The program is also equipped with a built-in media player, which will enhance your experience on video downloading.
Why Choose This Mac aTube Catcher:
- Output Video Formats: MOV, MP4, 3GP, AVI, MPG, FLV, WMV, MKV, M4V, VOB, TS, F4V, etc. (To download and burn video to DVD, try iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe for Mac.)
- Output Audio Formats: M4A, MP3, MKA, WAV
- Supported Devices: iPhone/iPad/iPod, Xbox 360, PSP, BlackBerry, Android, etc.
- Supported Browsers: Safari 6.0 or above; Chrome 22 or above (including Chrome 27); Firefox 15 or above (including Firefox 22).
Steps to Download Video on Mac OS X Using aTube Catcher Alternative
Below guide will show you how to catch online video and convert it to any desired format step by step. If you're familiar with aTube Catcher, this is easy for you.
What You Will Need:
iSkysoft iTube Studio for Mac
Very Fast (Variable depending on the video file size)
Step 1. Launch aTube Video Catcher
First get this YouTube catcher free download and install it on your Mac. Then a "Download" button will be integrated to your browser(s) so you can catch video from all supported sites in only one click. Firstly, you can double click the application icon to launch it. You'll see the main interface shown as below.
Step 2. Download YouTube or other videos in 3 easy ways
Next, open Safari, Chrome or Firefox and go to the site that you want to catch video from. When you play the video, you'll find the "Download" button appears on the video page. And then you can start downloading online videos in below 3 ways:
1. Click the "Download" button to start downloading the video. Different from some YouTube catchers that integrate a toolbar to your browser, this application is user-friendly and easy to use, and even better than aTube Catcher.
2. Alternatively, copy the video URL and click the "Paste URL" button in the primary window of the program. This aTube Catcher Mac Yosemite will start downloading video immediately.
3. You also can directly drag and drop the video URL to the program. The video will be added to the download queue.
Step 3. Convert Downloaded Video to Any Popular Format
The downloaded videos are listed in the "Downloaded" tab. You can easily double click one of them to play it with the built-in media player. Or you can convert the video to many popular video and audio formats, even directly to be compatible with your portable devices like iPhone/iPad/iPod/, PSP, Android, BlackBerry, and so on. To do so, click the "Add to Convert List" icon on the right of each item to import the selected video to "Convert" menu.
Then turn to "Convert" menu, find the video and click "Convert" icon next to the video. Select an output form in the pop-up window and click the "OK" button.
Tips: Before downloading the video, you can check the "Download then Convert" button on the top right corner of the primary window, then you are able to directly download video to specific format. This saves lots of time if you have hundreds of videos to download.
Part 2. Fix the Problem of aTube Catcher Not Working
What Is aTube Catcher?
aTube Catcher is an easy to use yet VERY powerful free online video downloader for Windows only to get fun videos, film trailers, TV commercials, etc. It acts like a regular web browser to interactive with supported website like other browser. When it catches the video, it starts download it to your PC instead of playback in browser. aTube Catcher provides many options to suit your diverse needs to grab video from online.
aTube Catcher Not Working? Fixed!
You might sometimes encounter aTube Catcher not working on YouTube due to the frequently updates on the site. To solve this issue, you can turn to download YouTube with iSkysoft iTube Studio, which continuously updates to fix the problems of YouTube updates. It's the best aTube Catcher for Mac alternative as far as we know. aTube Catcher now cab create DVD for play with your home DVD player. To burn online video to DVD, iSkysoft DVD Creator for Mac is recommended. Plus, iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe for Mac allows you to download and burn online video at a single place.