If you are one of the YouTube fans, do you feel dispirited when you want to enjoy YouTube videos then you meet the internet break or a connection error. What can you do if you want to watch some video on YouTube and don't have internet access? Well, you just need a YouTube video downloader like YouTube By Click. This tool acts like an add-on installed in your browser. You can use it to download MP3 and MP4 videos directly from YouTube, including HD videos. It is a free app, so it doesn't require registration, and it works on Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
Why Choose This YouTube Video Downloader:
- You can download videos from YouTube and other 10,000 websites on Mac, and it can download multiple videos at the same time, and even entire playlists or channels.
- iSkysoft iTube Studio for Mac supports one click to download YouTube to MP3.
- It is an extremely fast YouTube downloader and converter program.
- You can choose to save the videos in many output formats.
- You can extract the audio from any video.
- Great customer support service and free lifetime upgrade.
Part 1. The Limitations of YouTube By Click Downloader
YouTube By Click is a small and easy to install application, but it can be limited. The biggest problem is that it is only compatible with Windows operating system. For Mac users, you have to find a Mac alternative to YouTube By Click. Let's see now the disadvantages of using YouTube By Click as a video downloader:
- The program is not stable, and it can get stuck in the middle of the process.
- It is not available for Safari and Opera, so if you use or any other browser you need another program.
- You can download videos only from YouTube. If you want to download videos from any other website, it won’t work.
- It is a good app for downloading videos, but it doesn’t have any other features.
- You can customize video settings or to convert videos with it.
Part 2. How to Download Videos from YouTube and Other Sites on Mac
If you are looking for a powerful, stable tool that allows you to download videos from YouTube and any other video streaming platform, you should try iSkysoft iTube Studio for Mac. It acts like a video downloader, but it also allows you to convert videos and to organize them in a library. It is easy to use, it has a friendly interface, and, most important, is reliable. It's a professional YouTube Downloader alternative to download YouTube By Click for Mac (including OS X 10.9 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite).
Step-by-step Guide to Download YouTube Videos on Mac
Do you feel ready to try iTube Studio for Mac? Here is a step-by-step guide that will show you how to use the program. (For Windows PC users, please download the iTube Studio for Windows.)
Step 1. Install YouTube By Click for Mac Alternative
After download the package, double click it to open the Installation Wizard which will guide you through the process step by step. When finished, a "Download" button will be added to any video so you can download YouTube video in one click. Compared to YouTube By Click's toolbar, this is a better solution since the "Download" button only appears when you mouse over the video. It doesn't occupy any extra space in your browser.
Step 2. Download YouTube Video By Click
Anytime when you're playing a YouTube video, hand your mouse over the YouTube video player, the "Download" button will appears at the top left corner, just click it to add YouTube to the downloading queue of iTube Studio.
Beside the "Download" button, you're also able to download YouTube via URL (Copy and Paste URL), or drag and drop the URL to the dock icon to start downloading YouTube video.
Step 3. Convert YouTube Video to MP3, MP4 and More (Optional)
iSkysoft iTube Studio comes with a built-in FLV player so you can directly play YouTube video after downloaded. To play YouTube on your MP3 player or iPod/iPhone/iPad, you need to convert YouTube to a device-compatible format. This YouTube By Click Mac alternative allows you to convert YouTube to all regular formats like MOV, MP4, MP3, 3GP, or to any popular devices like iPod, iPhone, iPad, PSP, etc. To convert the downloaded YouTube video, go to the "Downloaded" tab, and click the "Add to Convert List" icon on the right of each video.
Then navigate to "Convert" menu, you can see your videos in the list, click the "Convert" icon next to the video, in the window that appears, choose the format you want and click "OK" to go.